This recipe has been adapted from Mindful Chef for cooking in a Ninja Foodi Smartlid.
The original recipe cooked the potatoes separately, and served as mash.
Hake with pesto potatoes
- 2 large white potatoes
- 250 ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 hake fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 courgettes
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- Cut the potatoes into small wedges. Place in bottom of Ninja Foodi pot with the water and salt.
- Place the bottom layer of the reversible rack in the lower position. Position the hake fillets on the rack, dressed with the chilli flakes and the juice and zest of the lemon.
- Add top rack to the reversible rack. On the rack place a silicone or foil tray, if you have one; or else a piece of foil with the edges scrunched to make a tray.
- Cut each of the tomatoes into wedges, and the courgettes lengthways then into 2 inch pieces. Arrange them on the foil tray. Drizzle with olive oil.
- [For Ninja Foodi Smartlid Models] Set to Steam Meals at 170°C for 8 minutes (note that the steam will be building for about 12 minutes, so total cooking time will be 20 minutes)[For older Ninja Foodi Models] Set to Steam for 12-15 minutes, then set to Bake for 8-10 minutes]
- When cooking is complete, dress potatoes with pesto, and dish up.